Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Movie Review





Ok, so in the last two days I have seen two movies, one with my kids and one with friends. On Monday, we took the girls to see Space Chimps....don't waste your money. We went because we had some free passes and the girls really wanted to see it. If your kids want to see it, convince them to see something else. About the only good thing from this movie, were the quite disturbing chimp masks the girls receievd at the theatre and really that's all they remember either.

The other movie I saw was Mama Mia with some friends from San Marcos and it was great! Just your typical cheezy musical with great ABBA music. I really wish I could have been dancing in the aisled! I truly believe my life was meant to be lived in a musical like this or Enchanted.....but I don't ever get the orchestra que out of mid air to start singing...maybe one day it will happen.

Also, the song from mother to daughter is very touching...really did bring tears to my eyes.

6 comments:

Makenna said...

Yes - those are VERY yucky monkey masks you got. I hope they got burned after you took those pictures!

Just be...... said...

What masks?? I didn't see any masks! Can't wait to see momma mia, been listening to my ABBA C.D.'s for 2 weeks. Been hearing how wonderful Leanna is, stories all week. Also there are tryouts for Prometheus this week, just fly on over to Portland and try out, you could live at Nathans for the 6 week run. We love you!! It was great to see Vicki.

queenieweenie said...

those masks are pretty disturbing! aren't movies the best?

just took my kiddos to see "Journey to the Center of the Earth". I was pleasantly surprised.

Elizabeth said...

I Loved LOVED Mamma Mia too!! I love ABBA..and went with my girl friends too! Good to know about the Chimp movie...the boys really wanted to see that! I loved the pics of the girls! HILARIOUS!!! I was rolling on the floor when I saw them!

Rachel Gillie said...

I am going to see Mama Mia with a group of girls on Wed, maybe we should dance in the aisles! By the way, I KNOW that it is your destiny to be in musicals, work on it!

Jessica said...

So fun to hang out with you guys! Love ya. Thanks again for the movie!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones