The rules: List 6 or 7 facts about yourself, then tag others to do the same!Here are a few things you may or may not know about me!
1. I love to run. Even though I've gained a few pounds this last year, I love being outside and running. Even it that means pushing both my girls in the double jogger around Vista (which I figure weigh now about 90 lbs. together, including the stroller). Now that's I'm pregnant, I can't run as much, but I still get outside with them and we'll walk all over! Someday I'll do a marathon.
2. I HATE paying full price for anything! I love a great bargain. Many of my friends can't stand (or can't find anything in) Ross! Every time I go, without fail I have success. It takes perseverance and dedication and usually involves no kids...that just makes the journey of discovery that more challenging. Burlington Coat Factory is one of my new favorites, but requires hours of endless searching, but the perfect outfit is always there. Anyone up for a bargain day of shopping, let me know, I'm there.
3. I love this certain chocolate cake my mom has made since I was a kid. It's called Sour Milk Cocoa Cake because it has fresh cocoa and buttermilk in it. In high school my friends and I would make this after a party and could almost eat the whole thing our self. Here is the recipe:
In Medium Pan, stir together and bring to a boil:
1 C. water ½ C. oil
3 T. cocoa powder ½ C. butter
Take Off heat and add:
2 C. sugar ½ C. buttermilk
2 C. flour 2 eggs
1 t. baking soda 1 t. vanilla
Beat with mixer and pour in greased 13x9 pan. Bake at 400° for 15-20.
Last five minutes of baking, make the frosting:
Melt on Stove:
1 cube butter
3 T. Cocoa
5 T. milk
Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Take off stove and beat in one box of powdered sugar.
Frost cake while still hot
4. I love good old movies that either make me cry or touch me somehow, some of my favorites are from my high school days: My Best Friends Wedding, Sleepless in Seattle, Newsies, Swing Kids, and a whole bunch more I can't remember at the moment.
5. My life-long dream is to one day sing, accompanied by a live swing band. Just like in Swing Kids, I want to be up in front of the band who is all in white tuxedos, with a long dress on and hair done in period style and sing! I don't know how it will happen, but it will.
6. David and I were introduced by one of my best friends, Trina, who I've known since birth! She was dating David's roommate, and childhood friend. They were married after we were! It's pretty cool that friends married friends!
7. December is my favorite month of the year! I LOVE everything about Christmas. This is our first year, since we've been married, in a house which makes Christmas and decorating that much more fun. I love all kinds of holiday music, some of my favorites you are listening to on this blog, I love holiday food, holiday giving and sharing, and just the spirit of Christmas. Not to mention, my wedding anniversary on the 18th, Jocelyn's birthday on Christmas Day and Victoria's birthday on December 29th! Happy Christmas everyone.
I tag: Rachel Hazen, Brit Papa, Tracy Badger, Chris Stokes, Brooke Baker and Lindsey Fellars!