Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 16

Taste of Tuesday:

For today's recipe I am giving you what I did actually make for dinner, but I cleaned up everything before I took a picture. This is a recipe from David's mother, Wilma. Jocelyn loves it also! What a great way to use up all your zucchini from your garden (or in my case...from the produce store). It tastes great with homeade bread and a yummy spinach salad (which I will post next week).
Here is Zucchini Soup:
3 lbs zucchini chopped in 1 inch slices
2 t. salt
1 t. onion powder
1 t. garlic powder
1/8 t. white pepper
2 10 oz cans of chicken broth
1/2 C. water
Combine all and bring to a boil. Then cover and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes until zucchini is tender. Place small amounts in the blender and blend until smooth. Repeat until all soup is smooth.
Stir in 1 1/2 C. half-and-half.
This is a beautiful soup and really is yummy!
Enjoy

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That brings back memories!! As a kid, David and I HATED to eat it...but I think now I enjoy it more! :)

Mike and Amie said...

Yummy! We'll try it! Thanks for the new recipe! It was a rainy day today and soup sounds fantastic!

Mike and Amie said...

Hey! When you have a minute, would you send me your favorite spinach salad recipe? Store bought or home made dressing?
Loves!
-Amie


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones