For Father's Day, I found this yummy berry french toast dish that you bake in the oven. With all the fresh berries out right now, I had to try this. Enjoy!
Triple Berry French Toast
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blackberries
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine first 6 ingredients in a 13 x 9- inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Combine milk, vanilla, egg whites, and egg in a large, shallow baking dish, stirring well with a whisk. Add bread, turning to coat. Let stand 5 minutes, turning bread occasionally. Arrange bread in a single layer over berries. Sprinkle evenly with 1 tablespoon granulated sugar. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Sprinkle evenly with powdered sugar.
- 6 servings