Taste of Tuesday:
I do not have a picture of this recipe, but it is what David is eating on his birthday. This is his favorite dessert. I have been making it since we were at BYU. It is dangerous...just to warn you. It doesn't even have a name, so I guess I'll call it: Devil's Cake:
Here is what you need:
1 box devil's food cake mix
1 large box instant chocolate pudding (make up and have in the fridge)
1 large container coolwhip
1 can of Hershey's syrup (the small can with the yellow lid)
A few Skor bars, or Heath Bars
1. Cook cake in 13x9 pan according to package directions.
2. When cake comes out of oven, stab with a fork several times to break it up. It will be hot, so watch out!
3. Pour a thin layer of Hershey's syrup over entire cake. Let coo.
4. When cake is cool, layer in your favorite glass trifle bowl (or any bowl):
layer of cake, layer of chocolate pudding, layer of cool whip, layer of skor bar chunks.
5. Repeat until you run out of stuff. Top with a good drizzle of Hershey's syrup over the top.
This is a beautiful dessert and great to serve in nice clear cups. We had a large family party. I doubled everything and served it in my mom's crystal punch bowl! It was so heavy, but awesome for a large crowd and a great centerpiece on the dessert table!